Category

Popular

Authors

Browse your favorite Authors

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0-9




Passing Days

Browse your Passing Days

Think Quote, Year 02, Day 307

Never offend people with style when you can offend them with substance.
(Sam Brown)

The future doesn't get better by hope, it gets better by plan
(Jim Rohn)

have failed over and over again - that is why I succeed.
(Michael Jordan)

Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.
(Robert F. Kennedy)

The Long Cruise was finished. Already it seemed like a vivid dream, through sunshine, shadow, and rain. Already I knew that many times I would want to be back again On the cloud-high hills where the whole world lies below and far away. By the wind-worn cairn where admiring eyes first welcome newborn day. To walk once more where the white clouds sail, far from the city clutter. And drink a toast to the Long High Trail in clear, cold mountain water. Beside me as I stood there, happy yet sad, was another weather beaten sign, on a post held up by a heap of gathered stones.
(Earl Shaffer)

If any of my sons are ever called upon to serve their country in time of war, I hope they will have a squad leader like I have. A true soldier, he's tough and demanding yet always fair. He cares about his squad. He sets high standards and demands that we meet them. He tells us what we do good and encourages us to keep our stuff straight. And he tells us what's screwed up and how to fix it. He knows as much about us and our families as is humanly possible. He truly cares. We trust him and are confident in his ability to lead us in combat. If he says 'follow me' we will not hesitate. That's what leadership is all about.
(Anonymous)