Category

Popular

Authors

Browse your favorite Authors

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0-9




Passing Days

Browse your Passing Days

Think Quote, Year 01, Day 142

It is a wise father that knows his own child.
(William Shakespeare)

Shoot for the moon and if you miss you will still be among the stars.
(Les Brown)

It is easy for me to go play a rock show, I have been doing that all my life and I love that.
(Sebastian Bach)

We're going to keep trying to move our way up. We hit a little hot streak and hopefully we can keep it up.
(Mike Bibby)

Character is that which reveals moral purpose, exposing the class of things a man chooses and avoids.
(Aristotle)

When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat.
(George Carlin)

The bicycle is the most civilized conveyance known to man. Other forms of transport grow daily more nightmarish. Only the bicycle remains pure in heart.
(Iris Murdoch)

It is easy to be pleasant when life flows by like a song, but the man worth while is the one who will smile when everything goes dead wrong. For the test of the heart is trouble, and it always comes with years, and the smile that is worth the praises of earth is the smile that shines through the tears.
(Irish Sayings)

I remember once, we got an interview, and he said, 'Dad, these people are writing about me like I'm an adult. Don't they know I'm a kid?' I have never tried to encourage him to get a music image like other musicians have.
(Ornette Coleman)

It was the labor movement that helped secure so much of what we take for granted today. The 40-hour work week, the minimum wage, family leave, health insurance, Social Security, Medicare, retirement plans. The cornerstones of the middle-class security all bear the union label.
(Barack Obama)