Category

Popular

Authors

Browse your favorite Authors

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0-9




Passing Days

Browse your Passing Days

Think Quote, Year 01, Day 132

A friend is a second self.
(Aristotle)

Genius is born, not paid.
(Oscar Wilde)

The investor of today does not profit from yesterday's growth.
(Warren Buffett)

As a good horse is not very apt to jump over a bank, if left to guide  himself, I let mine pick his own way.
(Buffalo Bill)

Today we did what we had to do. They counted on America to be passive. They counted wrong.
(Ronald Reagan)

I have one yardstick by which I test every major problem-and that yardstick is: Is it good for America?.
(Dwight David Eisenhower)

A persons character is what it is. Its a little like a marriage – only without the option of divorce. You can work on it and try to make it better, but basically you have to take the bitter with the sweet.
(Henrik Hertzberg)

Courage and perseverance have a magical talisman, before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish into air.
(John Quincy Adams)

I don't really like dressing up. Some people probably think actresses dress up everywhere they go. I'm in sweatpants half the time with my hair in a ponytail.
(Selena Gomez)

I haven't been drinking for years now. Something's got to give. I don't mind that I'm a guy that's stopped drinking, though this interview is making me mighty thirsty.
(Dan Hicks)

When The Muppet Show ended, we all sat around and said, what kind of television show would we like to do. We felt the need these days are for some quality children's programming.
(Jim Henson)

Optimism is axiomatic with leadership. And in those grave days and hours, late 1942, four words from MacArthur meant as much to me as a new squadron of airplanes. Those words were: 'George, we'll do it.' That attitude breeds victory and success.
(GEN George Kenney)