Category

Popular

Authors

Browse your favorite Authors

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0-9




Passing Days

Browse your Passing Days

Think Quote, Year 01, Day 364

Most people are pantywaists. Exercise is good for you.
(Emma 'Grandma' Gatewood)

A man can succeed at almost anything for which he has unlimited enthusiasm.
(Charles M. Schwab)

My mother had gotten a job as a receptionist at a dancing school and had the idea that we should open our own dancing school; we did, and it prospered.
(Gene Kelly)

The first time I played the Masters, I was so nervous I drank a bottle of rum before I teed off. I shot the happiest 83 of my life.
(Chi Chi Rodriguez)

One of my favorite stories was Black Orchid, because it was so different from all the others. I especially enjoyed dancing the Charleston. I have always been keen on dancing.
(Sarah Sutton)

One out of forty American men wears women's clothing. We've had more than forty presidents. One of these guys has been dancing around the Oval Office in a prom dress.
(Allison Janney)

Even were he, the enemy, to be rendered quiescent for a time by endless bombardment, it would still be necessary to meet him, the enemy, face to face on the ground to subdue him and to keep him subdued.
(GEN Matthew Ridgway)

Leadership is the thing that wins battles.... It probably consists of knowing what you want to do, and then doing it and getting mad as hell if anyone tries to get in your way. Self?confidence and leadership are twin brothers.
(GEN George Patton)

But indeed, dear, these kisses on paper are scarce worth keeping. You gave me one on my neck that night you were in such good-humor, and one on my lips on some forgotten occasion, that I would not part with for a hundred thousand paper ones.
(Thomas Carlyle)