Category

Popular

Authors

Browse your favorite Authors

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0-9




Passing Days

Browse your Passing Days

Think Quote, Year 01, Day 095

The more original a discovery, the more obvious it seems afterwards.
(Arthur Koestler)

My perfect guy wears converse, is totally laid back, and doesn't worry about being cool.
(Selena Gomez)

I so desperately wanted to be Mr. Somebody. Instead, I was the little brother, included to a point.
(Charlie Sheen)

These days I am a teetotal, mean-spirited, right-wing, narrow-minded, conservative Christian bigot, but not a racist.
(Jane Russell)

What's the subject of life - to get rich? All of those fellows out there getting rich could be dancing around the real subject of life.
(Paul A. Volcker)

Nothing is easy in war. Mistakes are always paid for in casualties and troops are quick to sense any blunder made by their commanders.
(GEN Dwight Eisenhower)

You can look at the West Bank. Cities are like prisons. They can be closed  quickly by the Israeli forces, and everything stops in these cities. This  is the result of Oslo.
(Hassan Nasrallah)

The trail has taught me much. I know now the varied voices of the coyote. the wizard of the mesa. I know the solemn call of herons and the mocking cry of the loon. I remember a hundred lovely lakes, and recall the fragrant breath of pine and fir and cedar and poplar trees. The trail has strung upon it, as upon a thread of silk, opalescent dawns and saffron sunsets. It has given me blessed release from care and worry and the troubled thinking of our modern day. It has been a return to the primitive and the peaceful. Whenever the pressure of our complex city life thins my blood and benumbs my brain, I seek relief in the trail; and when I hear a coyote wailing to the yellow dawn, my cares fall from me. I am happy.
(Hamlin Garland)