Category

Popular

Authors

Browse your favorite Authors

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0-9




Passing Days

Browse your Passing Days

Think Quote, Year 02, Day 325

I come from haunts of coot and heron. I make a sudden sally. And sparkle out among the fern. To bicker down a valley. By thirty hills I hurry down. Or slip between the ridges. By twenty thorps, a little town. And half a hundred bridges. Till last by Philip's farm I flow. To join the brimming river. For men may come and men may go. But I go on forever. I chatter over stony ways. N little sharps and trebles. I bubble into eddying hays. I babble on the pebbles. With many a curve my banks I fret. By many a field and fallow. And many a fairy foreland set. With willow-weed and mallow. I chatter, chatter, as I flow. To join the brimming river. For men may come and men may go. But I go on forever. I wind about, and in and out. With here a blossom sailing. And here and there a lusty trout. And here and there a grayling. And here and there a foamy flake Upon me, as I travel. With many a silvery water break. Above the golden gravel. And draw them all along, and flow. To join the brimming river. For men may come and men may go. But I go on forever. I steal by lawns and grassy lots. I slide by hazel covers. I move the sweet forget-me-nots. That grow for happy lovers. I slip, I slide, I gloom, I glance. Among my skimming swallows. I make the netted sunbeam dance. Against my sandy shallows. I murmur under moon and stars. In brambly wildernesses. I linger by my shingly bars. I loiter round my creases. And out again I curve and flow. To join the brimming river. For men may come and men may go. But I go on forever.
(Alfred Lord Tennyson)