Category

Popular

Authors

Browse your favorite Authors

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 0-9




Passing Days

Browse your Passing Days

Think Quote, Year 02, Day 314

Self examination is the one test from which the righteous is never excused.
(Anonymous)

Cured yesterday of my disease, I died last night of my physician.
(Matthew Prior)

A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of.
(Jane Austen)

I've been chasing rainbows since I was a kid Seeking' out the paths where no others did. The life of the trail I took to my heart. Wandering' wild, and living' the part. I found my way down that endless track. It fit me well, this life of the pack. Out where the world is one, untamed and on the run. Stretching out into the setting sun. I walk the long trails, I came of age on the long trails. I found my place in those wide open spaces . Out there a-walking' on the long trails.
(Walking' Jim Stolz)

Our children and grandchildren deserve the opportunity to realize the fulfillment of the recommendations contained within Trails for All Americans [report]: they deserve the opportunity to hike through an old growth forest that has been protected by virtue of its greenway designation; they deserve the opportunity to feel the wind whistle through their hair as they glide across the snow in northern states on their solar powered, modern and quiet snowmobiles. Or as they hike, bike or ride their horse from the Atlantic coast, through the Appalachians, the prairies of the central plains, and across the Rocky Mountains and the Sierra and on to the Golden Gate Bridge. And, they deserve the opportunity to enjoy the quality of life that we have enjoyed as Americans to walk, run and ride on a national system of trails and greenways that reflects the heritage and pride of our great nation.
(Chuck Flink)